Companion wanted

Friday, March 27, 2009
A couple of weeks ago, this handsome young male mysteriously showed up in our neighbourhood. (and here you thought I haven't been busy) -




The week before Spring break brought out the crocuses and a cat. I was admiring the flowers that were finally poking through the thawing earth when I spotted a Siamese cat crossing the busy intersection near our house. Who on earth in this neighbourhood would let a cat out, in lieu of all the wildlife here that prey on these defenseless creatures?

Rose to the rescue - I slipped on my boots and walked around the side of our house looking for four small paws and a tail. Noticing something caramel and grey underneath the next door neighbour's truck, I decided to call out. "Kitty" - "Here Kitty" . . .


To my surprise, I got an answer. A very loud answer. "Meow" was the response. Very loud and urgent. I called again and got an even louder "Meow". After a bit of coaxing and with my younger daughter now engaged in the hunt, a terrified Siamese cat came out to greet us with loud purring and crying. Of course I couldn't resist picking him up and giving him a cuddle. He responded with more purring as his crying started to subside.

To be continued ~*

0 comments: