Lost and found - Siamese Cat

Sunday, April 5, 2009


If you read my last post, you would note that I have been nursing a lost cat back to health that must have been abandoned in our neighbourhood, since the end of February.

After many hours spent searching on Google, I realized that our lost cat is most likely a blue point Siamese, and I was surprised that someone would leave him as he probably cost a small fortune. I have always wanted a Siamese cat, but this was so unexpected. However, within minutes of keeping him safe in our basement, I started to get itchy eyes and was wheezing. So much for keeping him . . .

I temporarily housed him at my parents place, who along with my older sister were in mourning from Shayla's recent death (see previous couple of posts for info). They still had some food and the litter box, so they agreed to keep him until I could find him a "forever" home.

I then notified the local veterinarian society and placed an ad in their lost and found pet section. I also put ads in a few online pet places that have notice boards, along with a few flyers on poles in the neighbourhood.

I didn't receive any leads until I placed another ad after three weeks (and many bowls of premium cat food), that he was now ready to go to a good home as his owner was not contacting me. I got a flood of emails from warm hearted animal lovers seeking to adopt him into their lives.

"KittyCat", as I named him because he didn't seem to answer to anything else has now found a wonderful young lady to share his new life with. - I am missing him already~*


4 comments:

Sugar said...

so glad he has found a nice new home. ty for being so kind & offering your help to a little one in need.
woof to you from my furrs, & huggies from me...

Missie said...

I'm so happy that you kept him safe and warm until a good home could be found.

DB said...

That's great news. It is so good of you to take care of him, get him back to health and be persistent in finding him a home.

Give yourself an award.

DB

Henry said...

Don't worry Kittycat has told me he is very happy and will probably call you soon to catch up when he gets around to it.
Love Henry