Full Moon Thoughts

Sunday, September 22, 2013
The harvest moon has come and gone as the echo of summer gently fades. Is is wrong for me to wish for more sultry nights, instead of shivering under the blankets as another rain storm heads our way?

I remember those Septembers of past years when the sun would shine all month and thoughts of turning on the furnace were distant memories. We had a wonderfully warm July and very humid August nights, but September has been somewhat stingy with it's rays - which leaves me feeling cheated. 

I guess I am not yet ready to give up my nights of stargazing and sipping iced teas at midnight or listening to the distant songs of coyotes as they lulled me to sleep.

I have always enjoyed the cooler, crisp Autumn days when the leaves turn orange and red - the smell of pumpkins and apple cider, and the return of the songbirds to my feeder. When I saw the full moon in all of it's glory this past week, I was a little sad at how quickly my summer has come and now gone.

Here is a photo that I took with my new camera, using a 50X zoom of the July full moon while on holidays. It was taken from the balcony of our room shortly after sunset, and before most of the stars could be seen. 






 

 





 

1 comments:

Jon said...

I've always been intrigued by the full moon and the harvest moon is my favorite. It is sad to see summer go. The older I get the less I appreciate the bitter cold of winter.

I love autumn because it reflects my soul: sentimental, nostalgic, melencholy.....

Your photo of the moon is great!