58 is great - I keep telling myself that

Thursday, June 27, 2013
Hello there, my wonderful AOL buddies. Just writing a few lines and adding a photo to let you know that I am still thinking of you all. 

Summer is here, and that means that my 58th Birthday came and went without much fanfare, but that is just the way that I prefer it. I was a tad disappointed not to see the "supermoon" on the 23rd, as it was raining cats and dogs that day, but I did manage to see some great pics that were uploaded to the web. 

Summer is starting off with thunder, lightning and floods over here in Canada. All the snow that some cities got blasted with last winter had to melt somewhere, but my heart goes out to those who lost their lives and livelihood. I guess no one took Noah seriously. . .

I am still waiting to be released from my administrator duties for my Father's estate, as the passing of my accounts has now gone before the courts. Hopefully, this will be all finished soon. I have my vacation booked in a couple of weeks, so I am really looking forward to some "me" time this year.

I am not much for celebrating my special day with Birthday cake, but was overjoyed to have the opportunity of tasting the first farm fresh strawberries of the summer. And, they were sure delicious. Enjoy the photo!


1 comments:

Jon said...

Happy belated birthday, Rose!
The older I get the less I want to think about birthdays. I stopped aging somewhere around forty......

The strawberries are a wonderful birthday treat - - who cares about the cake?? I haven't had any good strawberries since I left California. The ones here in Texas are awful. Summer has definitely arrived. It was 109 degrees here yesterday!!!!!

Stay well and keep in touch!