Birds, broken bones and busy-ness

Monday, January 10, 2011
I had to re-fill the bird suet again, as I now have a persistent wood-pecker that is attacking it as if it were a tree. Pieces of food fly around, but the little ground sparrow and chickadees are enjoying picking up the scraps on the ground. 

The suet is made with lard and the entrance in front of our house is quite slippery, so I re-filled it and moved it to the opposite side (where there is grass). The birds don't mind as long as there is food to eat, lol.

My youngest daughter fell snowboarding on the mountain last week and broke her wrist. I spent this week taking her to doctor visits and then the cast clinic, which was a 4 hour ordeal and $16 in parking fees. She has to keep the cast on for four weeks before another evaluation. 

I am busy helping her to dress for her college classes and ferrying her around. Pain pills and prescriptions seem to be the order of the day. 

I will probably keep this Christmas template for the month of January, and then change it. Christmas came and went too soon for me, so I am holding on to the stars for just awhile longer.

We will be getting lots of snow starting on Wednesday, and I am not looking forward to the clearing of our driveway and sidewalk. Maybe I can coerce a student with money to do it. :::SIGH:::
 

1 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Sorry to hear about your daughters wrist. Christmas flew by for me as well. (Hugs)Indigo