November in a nutshell

Monday, December 6, 2010
November came and went in a flash . . .

We had some unforgettable weather over here, which inspired me, aggravated me and darn nearly froze me.

November started out blustery and windy, with deludes of record rainfall and high winds. I was nervous many nights as I watched the neighbour's trees whip around in a frenzy, wondering if they would end up on our roof. We were lucky this time.

Dark storm clouds raced by mid-month, along with a dazzling lightning show which inspired me to take up pen and write out thoughts in a poetic fashion. (I'll post it soon on my poetry blog).

The biting, frigid cold set in with our heating bills soaring along. I put up the bird suet and feeding bell so the little feathered ones didn't have to work so hard for their food. They actually sat on our azaelia bushes in anticipation of their free meal - waiting. Two minutes after I finished, they were feasting away.

One day later, we got our first snowfall - the giddiness took over and I went out to shovel the driveway like a teenager, only to pay for it for days with achy, sore tendons and inflammation in every square inch of my bones.

After three tries during the 2010 Winter Olympics here in Vancouver last February, I finally got the chance from the Royal Canadian Mint to see the beautiful Olympic medals. They announced in our newspaper that the medals would be arriving for a week-end show, and we would have to order free tickets to see them. I started up the computer as fast as my arthritic hands could let me and fired off an email for tickets. My photos did not turn out that good, as I was so excited I forgot to focus most of the time, but I will leave you with a scrapbook of November memories, along with a couple from the Olympic medals.

Please click on photo for a larger picture, if you prefer. Enjoy!


The back of the Silver Olympic medal


The back of the Paralympic Bronze medal

 I almost forgot - Hubby bought me a One Dollar scratch lottery ticket and guess who won twenty? Guess November wasn't so bad, after all. . .

1 comments:

Connie said...

Wow you lucky gal.$20.oo is nothing to sneeze at. It is well into winter here now too.21 degrees today..brrrr Glad you got to see your gold medals finally. Keep warm and have a wonderful holiday.
Much Love.·:*¨❤❤¨*:·.