Today is our Canadian Thanksgiving, and I am thankful for the many friends that I have met and read about here on Blogger, as well as from our beloved AOL journals.
Today was spent with my two daughters, which is a real treat as their work schedules usually keep us apart most of the week-days. Yesterday was spent with the inlaws for a baked ham feast - sorry, no turkey. We'll save that for Christmas dinner.
My parents used to celebrate Thanksgiving, usually after the date as my father would often take his one week trip to go moose hunting up North with his buddies and Mom would delay the turkey dinner until he arrived home safely. Now, they don't usually like to celebrate or eat turkey which makes me kind of sad as a little part of our family tradition is slowly disappearing into fond memories.
We had a beautiful sunny week-end last week, and many of our neighbours took to doing the annual Autumnal yard cleanup, clearing out decaying bushes, trimming tree branches before the windy storm season and raking the leaves. Hopefully, no trees will be falling on houses or destroying fences this year.
I did manage to snap a photo of an orange-crowned warbler that was hastily eating the green grapes in the neighbour's tree behind our back yard fence, before it was trimmed. It took exactly 6 days for the entire flock of warblers to mainly devour every single ripe grape that was growing in the Alder tree. I miss their song, as it was such a soothing one which made my heart smile. :)
(((HUGS))), from Rose~*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a good Thanksgiving anyway, even without the turkey. Celebrtions are good things, family and friends. I envy your back yard.
DB
I love the photo of the orange-crowned warbler. I've never heard of this bird, but - of course - here in West Texas I'm used to grackles and buzzards!
I,too,have never heard of this bird..but he's sure pretty..I can see some of the grapes too,makes my mouth water...we may get snow tonight and this is before even Halloween,lol
Post a Comment