Hello there!

Saturday, April 6, 2019
Hello there!


I decided to start off the year ~ is it April already?? with a post. I lost my Blogger password and haven't had the time to do a thorough search for it, until now. Miss me?

After a bitterly cold February here in Vancouver, our March was rather pleasant. As you can see from my photo, the Cherry blossoms (Sakura) are out in full force and their perfume makes me want to find a way to bottle it and save the scent for winter. I took this photo March 30, 2019.

Some news:  my dear Mother passed away quite suddenly in her 95th year, in November 2017. We buried her ashes in the cemetery where my Dad is, in September 2018 as it would have been their 70th wedding anniversary. They are together once again, and forever in our hearts. I have just filed the last of my Moms' taxes as I was the administrator of her will, much to the relief of my 2 sisters. 

I now have 2 grandsons. Benjamin is three and a half years old and his little brother, Bradley will turn 2 next month. I babysit both of them for 7 hours/day from Mondays through Fridays. My arthritis (especially in my fingers) act up now and then, but the little ones are so darn cute and loving and won't stay that way for long - so I suffer a little on the physical side to enjoy my time with both of them. After having 2 daughters, it is a real treat to now have 2 boys to spoil.

Hubby (the accountant) is still working full-time and busy as ever, this being the tax season and all. We still live in the same house and did some new landscaping on the 25 years old property last year. We had to replace the rotting wooden landscape ties as our property is on a slope and planted new grass on the flat part of the backyard. The grandsons have already been out and about in the yard with the mild weather we had. 

We still have the bird feeders out for the time being, but the bears are starting to wake up in the forest across our street, so once the food is gone, it will not be replaced until the beginning of November.

I noticed some red blossoms across the street in March and did a search to see what they were. Apparently these are wild red Hawthorn flowers. So I will leave you a photo for your enjoyment. 

PS - I am still having trouble making comments on blogs, so please know that at least I have been faithfully following you these past months even though I have been silent. I hope this gets fixed soon.


Always, Rose~*




2 comments:

Jon said...

Wow,Rose - what a surprise to see your post. I had assumed that you'd abandoned your blog. Welcome back!

I'm glad you're doing well - and have two grandsons to keep you busy - but I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your lovely mother. My Mom died nearly ten years ago and I still haven't gotten over it. Fortunately we'll always have the memories.

Take care and keep in touch.
My blog (if you didn't know) is Lone Wolf Concerto
https://lonewolfconcerto.blogspot.com

(I THINK that's the link...)

Rose~* said...

Thank you, Jon. I have been reading your posts for awhile, but whenever I try to comment on your blog, it never goes through. So frustrating! Then, of course I go and lose my password, LOL.