. . . and you thought I would say "May flowers"
I can't believe that April is here and the rain is not letting up. Our grass is such a lovely shade of green with yellow bursts of dandelions scattered along the carpet, begging to flower. We use an electric lawn mower, so they are getting a reprieve in our yard - as it is much too wet and dangerous to use the mower.
I have been away from my desk here in blogland, as I have been tending to my very ill parents. My Mom had a terrible staph infection, which saw me driving her twice a day to the local hospital for I.V. anti-biotic treatment, for two and a half weeks. She is now getting slowly better, but now has the home-care nurse change her dressings every day.
My Dad was complaining of severe headaches while this was going on, and a blood test confirmed that he has inflammation of the brain. He is being referred to a specialist for a CT scan, but due to his other medical problems, he may not be treated aggressively. Sadly to say, this had taken a toll on myself and my sisters. We are currently deciding if we should list them for long term care and sell their home.
I went to a Jon Bon Jovi music concert a few weeks ago, and although I did enjoy the show, I left my camera on a table while getting a soft drink - and it disappeared. I have contacted the lost and found, but no one turned it in, so I am looking for a replacement. Lucky for me, I had uploaded most of my photos that were on my camera except for a couple of photos of the birds at the feeders.
We are expected to get more rain for another week, and I am amazed that the cherry trees are in full bloom. I hope to soon be able to take some photos if I can agree on a camera, and the blossoms don't all fall to the ground.
Remember to wear your gumboots so you can splash in the puddles of joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment