It's raining dogs and puppy dog tales

Friday, February 11, 2011
We never did get any snow like those of you out East and beyond, but we did get a lot of rain.

I have had to refill the bird suet again, as we are getting more and more feathered visitors, including a couple of rather larger birds who look quite comical hanging onto the food. Some blue Stellar Jays (they sure are noisy) and a Flicker (larger woodpecker) have been congregating in the early morning hours at the suet. The weather hasn't been that terrible, so I guess they just want an easy snack once in awhile.

My eldest daughter had been talking about getting another Chihuahua to keep the other one company. Ritchie is a normal sized white Chihuahua who loves to find ways of getting into his treats when daughter is at work. Boredom is probably setting in, so the idea of a companion was tossed around.

A new companion was found, but she is a much smaller black and white Chihuahua, so daughter took some time off work to make sure the two of them got along. Here is a photo of "Mimi" with "Ritchie" snuggling at home and dreaming of doggie adventures to come.



PS - she holds her own when it comes to a tug-of-war with the treats, lol. I'd say she has the upper hand, er paw . . .





3 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'd say they're getting along fabulous. This picture was too cute! (Hugs)Indigo

Jon said...

Rose, I wouldn't be surprised if those birds were from Texas. They probably flew to Canada to get warm!!
The doggie photo is adorable. I love it!

Missie said...

What a precious picture of the pups. Have a good week.