Eyes and skies - Oh My!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Hello there! Long time no see . . .

I had my regular eye check-up with my ophthalmologist last month and was in for the shock of my life. I have cataracts in both of my eyes and I haven't even reached my 55th birthday!

No wonder I was having difficulty viewing web-pages and reading the fonts. Surgery is not planned at the present time, but I do have a much stronger prescription for my eye glasses. I have also experimented with my font sizes and computer screens, so hopefully I will get somewhat back to normal reading and writing.

I just endured a fluorescent angiogram of my eyes last week and next week I have an appointment for an xray of my optic nerve, and a field test the week after that. I'm seeing spots now, for sure!

We had some wonderful thunderstorms lighting up the skies over here the past few days. Every time the skies dazzled with golden streaks zig-zagging across the horizon, I found myself in awe of nature's beauty. 

The wind whipped the trees into a dance of ancient rituals as raindrops poured like diamonds, cracking limbs on their journey towards the spongy ground. In a moment of magical brilliance, it was over all too soon.

The darkened clouds departed with a roar that broke the sound barrier - leaving only silence which suffocated my senses. I could hardly breathe as the musty aroma of dampness slowly disappeared. 

Stars began to shimmer softly against the backdrop of a black velvet canvas dotted with glitter, and my heart skipped a beat or two as the rhythm of thunder crept farther away through the night. . . 


 

1 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Rose it is ages since you wrote this blog I have just managed to locate you again ~ I do hope your eye tests went OK ~ keep us informed ~ Ally x