Well folks - like the white rabbit, I have almost no time to blog. My creative juices for poetry and photography have been placed on the back burner. Looking after my family has turned into more than a full-time occupation. I am continually, exhausted.
One sister has moved to the next province, but wanted to stay for a week this month so she could visit Mom. Of course, she said she would not be a bother, but will complain about my lack of "hospitality" if I don't cater to her, hand over foot. She called me three days before Christmas and said she was staying in town with friends and wanted me to pick up Mom and bring her to my house, so she could visit with her daughter and grand-daughters, giving me only three hours notice. I was running around to my husband, saying "I'm late, I'm late", as I tidied up the place and scrubbed down the bathroom. When I went to pick Mom up at the nursing home, I had to change her clothes into more "festive" attire and try to hurry her along, so we wouldn't be late. We made it home with my sister and her family pulling up into our driveway mere seconds after we did. *whew*
My other sister was transferred to a women's shelter at the beginning of December, as she had not made any arrangements to look for a new place to live, after being told repeatedly that she would have to vacate Mom's house, as it was sold. She had gambled all of her money (a government pension, and a work pension), and stated that she had "no money" to move. Two months later, she finally left the shelter and moved into a rental suite, but has "no money" to move her belongings out of our storage unit that we are paying rent for. It took over 2 weeks for my husband, brother-in-law, daughter, daughter's boyfriend and strangers to pack all of her belongings and move them in to storage. We finished the week before Christmas, and all I got were comments if I was going to have the family over for turkey dinner at Christmastime. . .
I do not claim to be "Wonder woman", but I did manage to make Christmas dinner for family (turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, steamed veggies, stuffing, gravy and pumpkin pie) - but one sister was going back on Christmas day to her daughter's, and the other decided to spend it at the shelter, so there was only my Mom, two daughters, daughter's boyfriend and hubby, along with a turkey-loving Chihuahua. (I will post a photo of the feast, later).
Mom celebrated her 91st Birthday two weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed her coffee-liquored cheesecake we bought for her. Below is a photo of a very tired "me", and a fantastic looking 91 year old. Better run now, as I am "late" again.
*chuckle*
1 comments:
It was good to read your update, but I can fully understand why you feel like the white rabbit. I think you should find a nice, secluded rabbit hole and escape for awhile.
I have a lonely life, but there are many times when I'm actually glad that I have no siblings or family.
The photo of you and your mom is great. She does look fantastic for being 91.
Take care, Rose, and hang in there!
Post a Comment