Resting for now

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It came in three's, without packages and bows . . .

It's official - I have tendinitis of my wrist and am supposed to rest it as much as possible. So sorry that I haven't been able to leave comments on your journals, but the pain was quite severe whenever I tried to use the mouse, or type.

I've been using up a lot of my time off-line, wrapping presents and decorating the house for Christmas. I have a few pictures and even a short video clip of one of the coyotes from the forest across the street, and a mysterious heartfelt greeting left by an anonymous elf.

We have had bone-chilling temperatures for the past two weeks, and have had to shovel out (hubby, not me) from five snowstorms in a row. We are definitely going to have a white Christmas this year. In fact, it is snowing lightly as I type.

It is shortly after midnight over here in Vancouver and hubby has just gone to pick up the youngest daughter from work. The store that she works at was open until 11pm tonight and we managed to fight through a zoo of grocery shoppers, just to make sure we wouldn't run out of milk before the next storm hits us on Boxing Day (December 26th). Needless to say, I won't bother going out with the mad rush of "bargain" hunters this year.

Hubby got snow tires for his car so he can drive safely to work in the snow, but I don't have them, so I am snowbound and nursing a sore wrist and still getting excited for Santa's arrival. I promise to look through my updates, and if I don't leave a comment, please remember that I am thinking of you all during this holiday season and wish each and every one of my cherished journal friends a healthy, peaceful and very merry Christmas.

Always, Rose~*

2 comments:

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Oh goodness, Rose, somehow I missed the entry where you injured your wrist. My mother is also a lefty and seems to be accident prone. I always thought that was an old wives tale.

At least you have your house decorated and are ready for the holidays. I have snow tires on my car here in western Pa. I live north of Pittsburgh and get lake effect snow off of Lake Erie.

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Take care of that wrist of yours. We will all still be around when you are feeling better. Big HUGS

Missie said...

Merry Christmas!